02-Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
03-Biological Systems and Organisms
04-Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
07-Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
The "South to South PhD Training" fellowships for Women Scientists from Sub-Saharan Africa and Science- and Technology-lagging countries at Centres of Excellence in the South are offered by the Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD) to female researchers who wish to pursue postgraduate training leading to a doctorate degree in the natural sciences. The fellowships are to be held at a centre of excellence in a developing country outside the applicant's own country.
Each fellowship will be offered for up to three years and will cover the following:
- Travel expenses to and from the host institute;
- A monthly allowance to cover accommodation and meals while in the host country, the amount of which will be determined in consultation with the host institution;
- Refund of visa costs;
- A contribution for medical insurance;
- Attending one international conference during the period of the fellowship;
- On a competitive basis, attending of scientific communication and proposal writing workshop.
For details, please go to the relevant OWSD website: http://owsd.net/career-development/phd-fellowship