02-Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
04-Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
- TWAS-CEMB Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at departments of the National Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology (CEMB) for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months in the following fields: molecular biology, molecular genetics, plant molecular biology or medical molecular biology.
- CEMB will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- The language of instruction is English.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Be a maximum age of 45 years on 31 December of the application year;
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- Be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Pakistan) and hold a research assignment there;
- Hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences;
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from CEMB (see sample Acceptance Letter in the application form). Requests for acceptance must be sent to the Acting Director of CEMB (Prof. Tayyab Husnain: by e-mail email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Prof. Tayyab Husnain, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline,
- The deadline for submitting requests for an acceptance letter to Prof. Dr. Tayyab Husnain is 31 July 2016. Therefore, please apply for the acceptance letter from him before this date.
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Submitting your application
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 31 August of each year.
- Applicants should submit the acceptance letter from CEMB when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Applications will be received by CEMB between April and 31 July each year for screening and scrutiny to issue the acceptance letters to the eligible candidates.
- Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper, SIGNED and sent as attachments via e-mail to TWAS and CEMB. The subject line must contain CEMB/PDoc and the candidate’s surname. N.B. Only signed reference letters can be accepted. The letters can be submitted either by the referee or by the applicant directly
- Applicants to the TWAS-CEMB Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send one copy of their application (by email) to TWAS and one copy (hard copy only) to CEMB.
• TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240-314
Fax: +39 040 2240-689